Arrrgh, me hearties! Would-be pirates of all ages are invited to Tuckerton Seaport on Saturday, June 7th for the 4th Annual Privateers & Pirates Festival, when the Seaport will be taken over by Captain Black and the Crew of the Valhalla who have been plundering the eastern shore of the American colonies for centuries.
This is your chance to set sail for a fun-filled day for the entire family. The Seaport staff has been plottin’ and schemin’ for months to come up with a line-up even a landlubber would enjoy. The day’s activities begin at 11am with a Pirate Meet & Greet. Get your hands on a treasure map as you enter to join in the fun of a treasure hunt. Wear your best pirate costume and you might win a prize. Pose for a photo on the plank. Winners will be announced at the end of the day on our FaceBook page and prizes will be given for the best pirate costume.
Live the life of a privateer or pirate and learn the difference between the two. Enjoy live entertainment throughout the day with Pirates for Sail and be immersed in an interactive pirate adventure for a swashbuckling good time. If it’s treasured memories you seek, spend the day at the Seaport and live the pirate’s life of plunder.
Privateers & Pirates Festival Highlights
- Pirate Meet & Greet
- Pose on the Plank
- Pirate Costume Contest for Adults and Children
- Piratology 101: Learn about the Golden Age of Piracy!
- Cannon Demo: Watch how to handle and fire a cannon. Volunteers will be needed to join the gun crew. Don’t be scared by the big BOOM at the end.
- Scurvy Mutineers Sword Fight Show: A live steel combat show complete with action and laughs. Volunteers will be selected from the audience to join the mutiny.
- Whip Show: Things will really heat up as tricks and skills are shown.
- Pirate Pistol Duello Show: A stage show of how a friendly game of Liars Dice can go terribly wrong. Learn how pirates settle an argument.
- Amputation Demonstration!
- American Water Puddles Van: Learn about water conservation, where the water locally comes from, how the water is treated and play interactive games where you can estimate your daily water usage
- Watch the Parrot Pirate Party with a Parrot that Talks
- Pirate Food Court
- Make-and-Take Crafts
- Live Music by Pirates for Sail
- Treasure Hunt sponsored by Fantasy Island Plus, Pirate Ship Bounce House included with Admission!
Tuckerton Seaport & Baymen’s Museum is located at 120 West Main Street in the heart of historic Tuckerton. Event admission is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors, $5 for children, and free for Seaport Members and children under 5. Event admission includes access to the Seaport’s 40 acres of family fun, featuring maritime activities, historic and recreated buildings, live animals, a boardwalk, miniature golf course, and exhibits. This event is supported in part by a grant from New Jersey Department of State, Division of Travel and Tourism, www.visitnj.org. For more information, find the Tuckerton Seaport on FaceBook or call 609-296-8868.